COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN II
West Wisconsin Telcom Cooperative / 24-7 Telcom is a premier provider of communication services (internet, IPTV, telephone, VOIP, smart home technologies, etc.). Through our fiber optic network, our customers have access to one of the most advanced telecommunications systems in Wisconsin.
This isn’t your normal position where you may be relegated to one facet of technology or repetitive tasks. Instead, you will be instrumental and have the chance to work in many technical areas.
Some of the things you should know: LAN/WAN, fiber networks (we are gig capable), Fiber Splicing, Calix, GPON, Internet Setup, WIFI, IP video, VOIP, Camera/Security Systems, CAT5&6 installation, Door Access, Avaya Systems, Sound and Paging Systems.
Here’s how you will contribute to our Team:
- By providing installation, repair, sales, and maintenance of a variety of network and communications equipment and systems (switches, routers, modems, PBX, home monitoring).
- You will test repaired, newly installed or updated equipment including switching and network equipment to ensure that it functions properly and conforms to specifications.
- You will utilize your technical expertise and savvy to explain technical issues to customers providing solutions for their service needs.
- Use a variety of test and locating equipment to isolate, identify, and analyze equipment trouble and take appropriate maintenance action.
What’s in it for you?
- Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
- A collaborative, customer-centric work environment where your opinion matters.
- Technical training opportunities along with continuing education.
- You’ll be supporting your neighbors; not traveling outside of the area to get the work done.
Relevant technical degree along with Microsoft and Comp TIA certifications preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
If a challenging technical career with customer contact excites you and you have experience with similar technology, combined with a passion for learning new technologies, then we need to talk !
West Wisconsin Telcom Cooperative, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer basing our employment decisions on qualifications, abilities, experience, and other employment standards. Our employment decisions will not be influenced by an applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap unrelated to ability to do a job, or any other characteristic protected by law. In reading and answering the following questions, please keep in mind that none of the questions are intended to imply any limitations, illegal preferences, or discrimination based upon any non-job-related information. This application will be given consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Please contact the Manager if you need accommodation to participate in the application process.