The following West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom disclosures are in reference to the FCC Open Internet Rules.
West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom directly offer broadband ISP services in select markets. Pricing for Internet connectivity provided to customers is determined on an individual case basis.
West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom offer a speed test site to any user or customer. It can be accessed here: Speed Test.
West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom do not implement any congestion management techniques. West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom engineer and operate their network to accommodate the necessary traffic requirements, with ample capacity and redundancy to address peak traffic levels in the case of a partial network outage. In the event of congestion, all traffic is classified as best effort.
Content, Applications, Service and Device Providers
As a full service Internet Service Provider, West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom deliver a full suite of Internet-based applications. These include:
- Dialup and Broadband Internet Access
- Web Hosting
- File Transfer Protocol
- Data Backup Services
West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom do not discriminate any customer traffic. Both companies utilize network management techniques that are equal and standard across all user applications. We do not modify our network to make our directly served applications perform better than applications a user would access over the general Internet. For example, West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom do not manipulate our network to perform better for customers accessing our internal email servers versus our customers accessing Google’s gmail servers.
The network management practices employed by West Wisconsin Telcom and 24-7 Telcom do not differ between our directly offered applications to those general applications offered over the Internet.
In the event of Denial of Service (DoS), Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack, spoofing or other malicious traffic, West Wisconsin Telcom and 24-7 Telcom will implement inbound and outbound traffic filtering and/or blocking on specific source and destination IP addresses. These actions will be performed to ensure reliability and availability of the West Wisconsin Telcom Coop and 24-7 Telcom networks. These actions will not be utilized for normal Internet applications and traffic. In the case of any suspicious or malicious network activity, notification and forensic information will be made available to the appropriate law enforcement and network security resources for investigation.
West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom Policies
1. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom places a high value on personal privacy and therefore, will not share or sell Your personal account information collected online, with third parties, other than to West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom, or to trusted vendors which include payment processors, content providers, shipping vendors and the like who perform these essential functions on behalf of West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom. Information collected may include name, address, voice number, personal computer specifications and billing information such as a credit card number if required for service. The information collected is used to provide a tailored service to You in order to better manage Your account. This may include responding to Your requests and communicating with You electronically. In addition, West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom may collect information about You from our trusted vendors, such as updated delivery and address information, so that we can correct our records and deliver Your purchases or communicate with You more efficiently.
2. Disclosure of personal information may, however, be necessary in very special circumstances, such as when West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom in good faith believes that disclosure is required under the law or in order to protect our legal rights.
3. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom has no obligation to monitor the Service but may do so and may disclose information regarding Customer’s use of the Service and Customer information to satisfy laws, regulations or governmental requests; to operate the Service properly; and to protect itself and its customers.
5. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom has gone to great lengths and made all commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the security of our servers in order to prevent the loss, misuse, and modification of the information we control. Even though these steps have been taken, we can not guarantee that “hackers” will not obtain access to the information on these servers.
6. It is West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws relating to children’s privacy.
7. If You do not want West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom to use Your personal information to contact You for marketing or solicitation purposes (excluding notices about new product rollouts, upgrades to service, billing related issues or Your existing account), You may make this request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom Acceptable Use Policy
This section of Your User agreement details some of the basic rules of participation in the Internet community and constitutes part of our terms of Service. By Your use of the Service, You agree to be bound by the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24- 7 Telcom reserves the sole and unconditional right to refuse, suspend or terminate Service to anyone who violates these rules as determined by West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom, in its sole discretion.
1. Illegal Use – You agree not to use the Service for or in the pursuit of illegal purposes. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom cooperates with local and federal authorities in investigations into illegal Internet use, and will take both criminal and civil legal action against Users who are determined to be using the Service in an unlawful way. You agree not to directly or indirectly allow a third party to use the Service in an illegal or unsuitable manner.
2. Harassment – You agree not to use the Service for harassment, threats, verbal abuse, and persistent unwanted contact of any kind. Harassment covers any use of the Service to directly or indirectly contact any other user (including users of another Internet service) in an unwanted fashion. Harassment can be active, in forms such as unwanted e-mail, chat messages, or verbal declarations on a public forum, or can be passive in the form of defamatory information posted on websites.
3. Disruption/Hacking – You agree not to make any attempt to disrupt or attack the systems or Services provided by West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom or any third party. This includes any deliberate attempt to interfere with another user’s ability to take advantage of services offered online. This also includes any effort to secure access to hardware and services without the consent of the provider of those services. Hackers will be subject to the full extent of criminal law, and West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom reserves the right to seek damages or legal recourse against Users who abuse, attack, or hack their systems, servers, or Services.
4. Fraud/False Advertising – You agree not to post or transmit fraudulent information on or through the Service. This can include false advertising, identity theft, or misrepresentation of any kind including phishing, forged e-mail headers or fictitious e-mail addresses.
5. Unsolicited Advertising/Spamming – You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited material through any active medium such as e-mail, chat, messaging, chain letters, advertisements, jokes, etc. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom does not tolerate unsolicited mass e-mailing (Spamming) of any kind, and the use of any of West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom’s Services for this purpose is strictly prohibited. Content falling in this category is defined by the receiving user’s desire to be contacted in the specified manner, so use good judgment if You are sending to mailing lists. You further agree not to collect or harvest account information without the expressed consent of those from whom You collect the information.
6. Disruptive Content – You agree not to post or transmit any disruptive content. Certain kinds of content broadcast or displayed on the Internet can generate a great deal of disruption and reaction from the Internet community as a whole. This can include, but is not limited to, material that is considered obscene, offensive, or extremely controversial. While West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom does not actively censor its Users, the reaction this material can generate can be expensive and time consuming, and as such makes the continued support of Users generating this kind of content of questionable business value to West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom. You understand and agree that West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom may suspend or terminate Your Service should Your usage result in significant complaint or constitute disruptive content, as determined by West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom in its sole discretion, from the Internet community at large.
7. Extended Connections and Multiple Logins – For Dialup services, You agree not to use the Service for extended periods of time or to login to an account more than one time simultaneously. You also agree not to use this Service in a standby or inactive mode. Use of programs intended to keep You online while Your computer is unattended is prohibited. This Service is intended for personal, periodic, and active use of the World Wide Web, e-mail, news groups, games and file transfers; You may stay connected so long as You are using the Service for this purpose. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom reserves the right to terminate the Service at any time if it determines You are using the Service for extended connections and multiple logins.
8. Use of Servers – You agree that You will not establish or operate a web server, e-mail server, FTP server, file server or run any other server applications and/or software providing server like functionality in connection with the Service without the knowledge and permission of West Wisconsin Telcom and 24-7 Telcom. Interpretation will be at the sole discretion of West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom.
9. Reselling or Reconfiguring the Service – You may not resell the Service or redistribute or reconfigure the Service to allow others to use the Service in an illegal, fraudulent or inappropriate manner. Interpretation will be at the sole discretion of West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom.
10. Copyright Infringement – West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects You to do the same. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom will terminate the account of any User who unlawfully transmits copyrighted material without a license or privilege to do so. West Wisconsin Telcom/ 24-7 Telcom will terminate such account after receiving proper notification by the copyright holder to our Copyright Agent, and if we have a good faith belief, in our sole discretion, that infringement has occurred. Our ability to terminate Your account is in addition to and not instead of any and all other remedies that we may have against You under the law.
11. If You believe Your work has been copied in any way that constitutes infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (b) A description of the copyrighted work that You claim has been infringed; (c) Identification of where the material (including the URL if possible) that you claim is being infringed is located; (d) Your address, voice number and e-mail address; (e) A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) A statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notification of Claims of Copyright Infringement can be reached as follows.
By mail: PO Box 115, Downsville, WI 54735
By phone: 715-664-8311
By e-mail: email@example.com
12. Reporting Other Abuse: To report other abuse of this Acceptable Use Policy (other than copyright infringement) please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Wisconsin Telcom / 24-7 Telcom Long Distance Terms and Conditions
I. THE SERVICE THAT WE PROVIDE TO OUR CUSTOMERS
a. The Company is a common carrier and provides access to facilities, services and equipment over which our Customers may transmit voice, data and other communications of their own choosing to interstate and international destinations.
b. The Company provides service on a 7 days per week, 24 hours per day basis to all destinations in the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), and to those international destinations listed in the international rate sheets maintained at the Company’s office and on its website (see below).
c. The Company primarily resells to its Customers the interstate and international toll services of larger, facilities-based carriers. The Company endeavors to purchase these services at volume discounts, and to resell them to its Customers at lower rates than they would pay if they purchased service directly from the other carriers. However, resale also means that the Company has no control over outages and other service disruptions on the networks of the other carriers (see limitations of liability below).
d. The Company has customer care representatives available 8:00 A.M – 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday to assist its Customers with any questions or problems regarding its interstate or international toll services. A Company representative can be reached during these hours. See above for contact numbers.
II. CHARGES, BILLS AND PAYMENT FOR SERVICE
a. Service is provided and billed on a monthly basis, and will continue to be provided and billed until canceled by the Customer or terminated by the Company.
b. The rates and charges for the Company’s interstate and international toll services can be inspected during regular business hours. The rates and charges for the Company’s interstate and international toll services can also be inspected on its website at www.wwt.net.
c. The Company bills for its interstate and international toll services on usage based on initial first minute, then at 6 second increments thereafter. The Company will pass through to its Customers all applicable Federal, State and local taxes or surcharges (including sales, use excise, gross earnings, and gross income taxes), as well as surcharges to recover the Company’s contributions to applicable Federal or State funds (including funds for universal service, telecommunications relay service, local number portability, and voice number administration).
d. Payment for all bills rendered by the Company for its interstate and international toll service is due within 15 days after the bill is mailed by the Company to the Customer. If payment is not received by the Company within 30 days after rendition of a bill, a late charge of 1% will be applied to all amounts past due.
e. No late charge will be assessed upon properly disputed charges (see dispute procedures below).
f. The Company may require a Customer to make a deposit prior to or at any time after provision of service, not to exceed estimated charges for 2 months. Upon termination of service, the deposit will be credited to the Customer’s account and any credit balance will be refunded after all amounts due the Company have been paid.
III. OBLIGATIONS OF CUSTOMER
a. The Customer is responsible for the timely payment of all billed charges for services or facilities provided by the Company to the Customer, and for the payment of the Company’s reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs if the Company is forced to retain an attorney to collect any of its billed charges from the Customer.
b. The Customer will not use the Company’s services in a manner that interferes unreasonably with the use of the services by one or more other Customers.
c. The Customer will not use the Company’s services in an abusive, illegal or fraudulent manner, nor alter or tamper with the Company’s connections or facilities.
d. The Customer will indemnify the Company against any and all liability, including reasonable counsel fees, arising from any claims against the Customer for libel, slander, or infringement of copyright or trademark in connection with any material transmitted by the Customer over the Company’s facilities, services or equipment.
IV. RESOLUTION OF BILLING DISPUTES
a. If the procedures of this section are followed, the Customer may withhold from payment the disputed portion of any bill pending resolution of the dispute.
b. Within 15 days of the bill date of a disputed bill, the Company must receive from the Customer an itemized statement in writing which identifies the disputed charges and reasonably explains the basis of the dispute. Failure to comply with this requirement shall mean the bill is deemed to be correct and all amounts are due and owing the Company.
c. The Company shall review the Customer’s statement, and shall issue a written initial determination within five days after its receipt of the Customer’s statement to set forth the Company’s proposed resolution of the dispute.
d. If the Customer is not satisfied with the Company’s proposed resolution, the Customer must advise the Company in writing within five days after the Customer’s receipt of the Company’s initial determination of the specific reasons for the dissatisfaction, and provide any additional information which Customer deems pertinent or relevant to the dispute.
e. Within five days after the Company’s receipt of additional information, the Company shall make its final determination and resolution based upon all documentation or information available to the Company.
f. If the Customer continues to withhold any disputed amount determined to be owed to the Company, the Customer’s account shall be deemed to be past due, and subject to termination.
V. LIMITATION OF THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY
a. The liability of the Company for damages resulting in whole or in part from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, delays, errors or other defects in the interstate or international toll services provided shall not exceed its billed charges for the defective call or calls.
b. Neither the Company nor its officers, agents or employees will be liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages.
c. The Company shall not be liable for any interruption, failure or degradation of service due in whole or part to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to: (1) acts of God, fires, flood or other catastrophes; (2) any law, order, regulation, directive, action or request of any instrumentality of the United States Government, or of any foreign, state or local government; (3) any national emergency, insurrection, riot, war, strike or labor difficulty; (d) any act or omission by any unrelated carrier or other entity affecting the facilities or equipment over which the Company’s services are provided; (5) any negligence by the Customer or defects or failures of the Customer’s equipment; and (6) any negligent acts or omissions of third parties…
VI. REFUSAL, TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF SERVICE
a. The Company may refuse service to a Customer that fails or declines to make a deposit requested by the Company, and may terminate service seven business days after written notice of termination is mailed to a Customer that fails or declines to increase a deposit in response to the Company’s request.
b. The Company may terminate service seven days after a written notice of termination is mailed to a Customer that has failed to pay a bill for more than 30 days after it was rendered, or that has failed to pay disputed charges determined to be owed to the Company via the Company’s billing dispute resolution procedures (see above) for more than seven days after the end of the dispute resolution proceeding.
c. The Company reserves the right to establish a credit limit for Customers or classes of Customers, and to suspend service to a Customer when the Customer reaches the applicable limit.
d. The Company may suspend or terminate service to a Customer immediately if the Company reasonably believes that the Customer or entities using the Customer’s account or facilities are using the Company’s services in a manner that:
(i) interferes with the use of the services by one or more other Customers; (ii) is abusive, illegal or fraudulent; (iii) damages the Company’s facilities or equipment; or (iv) places excessive capacity demands upon the Company’s facilities or service.
West Wisconsin Telcom Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html
or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter by mail to U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410, or fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com.
West Wisconsin Telcom Cooperative
Mark Stenseth, Chief Executive Officer
Revised April 28th, 2014