- Local Voice
- Crystal-clear calls
- No delays or dropped calls
- Unlimited local calling to your friends and family
Plus, with local voice, you can select the calling features that best suit your needs from our extensive list including some of the more popular features:
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- Find Me feature
Thinking of eliminating your landline phone and replacing with a cell phone? Here are some facts you should be aware of:
- A landline phone is the most reliable device on the market today.
- Landline provides security with reliable 911 Communication.
- Emergency personnel will instantly know your location through a landline phone.
- 911 operators receive your exact location automatically when you call, whether you are capable of speaking or not.
- Many alarm systems require a landline to automatically contact the monitoring company if the alarm is triggered.
- By contrast, not all cellular service providers are capable of identifying your location during a 911 call.
Why You Need a Telephone
You may have considered eliminating your landline phone and replacing it with a cell phone.
Think twice before you make that move. If your child (or grandchild) needed to call 911, do they know which pocket or purse your cell phone is in? Sure, wireless phones offer you convenience, letting you talk from virtually any location.
What you may not realize is that a landline phone is the most reliable device on the market today and provides security in an emergency with reliable 911 communication. Landline service can help keep you safer at home or at work since you can reliably reach emergency personnel and they instantly know your location.
911 operators receive your exact location automatically when you call whether you have the capability of speaking or not. By contrast, not all cellular service providers are capable of identifying your location during a 911 call. Additionally, many alarm systems require a landline to automatically contact the monitoring company if the alarm is triggered.
24-7 & West Wisconsin Telcom Local Voice & Extended Community Calling Areas
Local Voice Services are calls placed in your local calling area. Calls placed to other nearby or neighboring communities are referred to as your EAS (Extended Area Service). There are no long distance toll charges for these calls. There are also calls referred to as Extended Community Calling (ECC) at a rate of $.05 per minute charge.
Menomonie 231, 232, 233, 235
|Your Unlimited Local Calling Area*|
|Menomonie||231, 232, 233, 235|
|Menomonie||309-2000 thru 309-2999
309-3000 thru 309-9999^
|Menomonie||440^, 505^, 556^, 619^|
|Colfax||704-0000 thru 704-0999^|
|Colfax||704-6000 thru 704-6999|
|Menomonie||953-4000 thru 953-4999|
|Your Extended Calling Area (ECC)**|
|Elk Lake||871, 872, 874, 876|
* Unlimited Local Calls: You are not charged for these calls.
** Extended Community Calls (ECC): These calls are just beyond your local calling area. These calls are billed at $0.05/minute.
^ Indicates Cellular Numbers