Reasons to Keep Your Landline Phone
There’s lots of reasons to keep your landline phone service, here’s just a few!
- Not all cellphone providers’ work in all locations. It’s very possible to be living in a “cellular dead zone” even in today’s highly mobile world.
- Seconds count in an emergency situation. While the 911 system has vastly improved it still takes time for them to triangulate calls from cell phones. If you living in a multi-dwelling building Emergency services may have trouble determining your exact location.
- It’s much easier in an emergency situation to find a phone if it’s always in the same spot. Cellphones roam around the house or end up at the bottom of a purse and can be hard to locate.
- During a power outage a corded phone will work and often for much longer than a cellphone.
- Anyone can use a landline phone, from the very young to the elderly. A cellphone may be confusing for some but with a landline it’s simplified.
- You have or you want a security system. Most security systems (either home or business) require a landline phone to be able to call out to the monitoring company or to 911.
- Call quality! It’s no secret that cellphones have improved in sound quality but there are times that they can echo or cut out or drop. Landlines are much clearer and rarely cut out (or drop!) your conversation.